Andrey Zharskiy, Partner
Specialization: Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure, Real Estate, Corporate/M&A
+7 495 234 96 92
+7 495 956 37 18
Andrey Zharskiy, Partner, head of Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure practice, as well as Real Estate practice, has an extensive experience in legal support of corporate and commercial projects within these sectors (including oil and gas downstream and upstream projects, LNG projects, mining projects in Russia and Africa, infrastructure projects); real estate and construction projects (including construction agreements based on FIDIC forms); industrial and investment projects in Russia ( including PPP projects ); advising on issues related to subsoil use and other regulatory matters, as well as on corporate disputes.
Chambers Global 2015 ranks Andrey as energy specialist who advises on M&A, joint ventures and regulatory matters both in Russia and abroad. Clients appreciate his ability to "ask clarifying and specifying questions, ability to manage the process, to help forward the project to intended targets and balanced approach for decision making".
Andrey Zharskiy is ranked in Chambers Global 2015 as an expert advising clients for their projects in China, has extensive experience of supporting investment projects in China and regularly advises Asian investors on corporate and investment projects in Russia in the field of natural resources, industrial production and real estate.
Andrey Zharskiy joined ALRUD in 2013. Before joining ALRUD Andrey worked in one of the major Russian oil companies, subsequently was a head of international legal department of a large international group, where he acquired vast experience in supporting energy, metallurgy and real estate transaction not only in Russia, but in China and Africa as well.
Andrey Zharskiy is an advocate, has a PhD degree in Law, has got LL.M. from the University of Manchester, is the author of numerous publications on contract law and international sale of goods.
Andrey is fluent in both Russian and English.
Recent projects in Energy and Natural resources include advising:
Recent projects in Real Estate include advising:
- "Gazpromneft" in different local and international M&A deals in oil and oilfield services industries;
- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. and Seadrill Limited on investment and co-operation Agreement with Rosneft and long term drilling agreements;
- Vi Holding (international investment and industrial group) in respect of implementation of a JV green field platinum mining project in Zimbabwe, Africa ( 3 bln USD project);
- China Gold in respect to acquisition of majority stake in gold mines in Russia (gold deposit of federal importance) and JV project with existing shareholder;
- Vimetco N.V./Vi Holding in respect to its aluminum and energy (power plants and coal mines) assets in China;
- Mechel in offering to Gazprombank AO the option to purchase 49% share in the Elga coking coal deposit project for 34.3 billion rubles;
- Coeclerici Group in respect of coal mining assets in the Kemerovo region, including regulatory and land matters;
- Minority Shareholder of Razrez Tomusinsky in respect to corporate dispute with its controlling shareholder (company of the Mechel Group) involving multiples litigations in Russia and Cyprus.
- Vi Holding in relation to implementation of a Tushino development project in Moscow;
- «Gazpromtransgas Belarus» on negotiation of FIDIC construction agreement and ancillary documents for a multifunctional complex in the city of Minsk;
- Puma Energy on creation of a joint venture for construction and operation of aircraft fueling facility;
- Diamond Fortune in relation to investment from Chinese investors and joint venture for the construction of the facilities and infrastructure in the entertainment zone "Primorye";
- Russian private clients (owner of the land plots) on several projects for development and construction of multifunctional trade, business and residential centers in Moscow jointly with Tashir Group;
- International client on acquisition of production site (land plots, buildings) in the Novgorod region;
- Atlantik Sea Food in respect to JV project in Senegal for development of fish processing plant.
Rankings and Awards:
- Chambers Global, 2016 recommends Andrey Zharskiy for Energy & Natural Resources;
- Chambers Europe, 2016 recommends Andrey Zharskiy for Energy & Natural Resources;
- Chambers Global, 2015 ranks Andrey as energy specialist who advises on M&A.