Alexander Zharskiy, Partner
Specialization: Corporate/M&A, Banking and Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency
Telephone: +7 495 234 96 92
Alexander Zharskiy is a Partner at ALRUD law firm, heading the firm's Corporate and M&A Practices. He has extensive experience in in-bound and cross-border transactions in a variety of sectors: energy and power, metals and mining, real estate, consumer markets, TMT, pharmaceuticals and general industry.
Alexander Zharskiy joined ALRUD in 2004 and became partner in 2007. He is constantly recommended as a leading legal advisor on corporate and M&A matters. Clients praise his depth of experience: "His broad view means that we get real solutions to problems." (Chamber Global).
Alexander is a member of the International Bar Association "Corporate and M&A Law" committee, and he regularly speaks on corporate and M&A topics at Russian and international conferences. He holds a J.D. degree as well as an LLM degree from University of Manchester.
Alexander is fluent in Russian and English.
Alexander’s recent projects include advising:
- Shareholder in the sale of its shares in OBI Group Russia - one of the biggest retail deal in 2016;
- Foreign investor in the sale of its share in the biggest fishing group of company in Russia - Karat Group;
- Mechel in offering to Gazprombank AO the option to purchase 49% share in the Elga coking coal deposit development project for 34.3 billion rubles;
- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. and Seadrill Limited on a long term investment and co-operation Agreement with Rosneft;
- Gazpromneft in different M&A deals, including as one of the bidders in an auction acquisition of Burneftegaz oil company;
- A seller in the sale of Veropharm to Abbot;
- One of the sellers in the sale of shares in Sibuglemet Group to the group of investors (one of the biggest M&A transaction in 2013);
- Shareholders of Litres (a leading e-book store in Russia) in a cash-in deal with the Russian Internet Technology Fund and Litres in other different M&A deals;
- State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOFAZ) on acquisition of Gallery Actor, mixed-use office and retail complex for USD 133 million;
- Olam International (a global leader in the agriculture sector) in establishing a JV with Rusmolko for the large scale development of dairy and grains farming in the Penza region of Russia;
- Pharmacy Chain 36,6 and its shareholders in most of deals done for the last 7 years, including recent sale of 52% of shares of the pharmaceutical producer Veropharm for approx USD 156 mln;
- Qiwi plc., a leading payment processing company, in connection with the IPO of American depository shares and listing on Nasdaq Global Select Market.
Rankings and Awards
- Best Lawyers, 2018 recognizes Alexander Zharskiy as an expert in Corporate law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate
- Chambers Global, 2017 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Corporate / M&A
- Chambers Europe, 2017 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Corporate / M&A
- The Legal 500, 2017 recommends Alexander Zharskiy for Capital Markets, Banking & Finance, Corporate, Commercial and M&A.