Due to its perfect reputation and profound experience in dispute resolution ALRUD is recognized as the leading legal advisor in this area in Russia and is recommended by the most reputable international rankings.
Dispute Resolution Practice team is one of the largest in the Russian legal market among the full service law firms. The associates are graduates of the top-ranked Russian universities, a number of them are qualified as advocates (attorneys) and have academic degrees of the Russian and leading foreign universities.
The team has deep expertise in high profile cases involving international element, which requires high qualification of the lawyers and outstanding knowledge of foreign languages.
Close cooperation between different ALRUD’s practices allows to treat each request individually and to ensure that every case receives the specialist with the necessary knowledge and experience.
Our Dispute Resolution team members specialise in all areas of dispute resolution including commercial, corporate, real estate and antitrust litigation (in cooperation with the market leading ALRUD antitrust team), as well as IP and defamation disputes.
Our services include:
- Elaboration of legal position and case strategy, analysis of the success chances, risks and perspectives of the case outcome;
- Advising on the pre-trial stage, including preparation of the pre-trial letters and claims, participation in negotiations, preparing injunction applications;
- Collection of evidence, including by filing advocatory requests of the documents from state bodies and authorities;
- Representing the Clients in the arbitrazh (state commercial) courts and courts of general jurisdiction throughout Russia;
- Representing the Clients in administrative proceedings;
- Representing the Clients at the stage of judgments enforcement.
International commercial arbitration:
Assisting in foreign litigation and enforcement of foreign state courts’ judgments and arbitral awards:
- Advising on arbitration-related matters – choice of arbitration forum and applicable law, construction of arbitration clauses;
- Advising on the pre-arbitration stage regarding the risks and prospects of arbitration;
- Advising and representing the Clients in the proceedings initiated in support of arbitration (including claiming injunction in support of arbitration);
- Representing the Clients in international arbitration cases;
- Supervising and advising in complex international arbitrations as a counsel, administering multijurisdictional project teams.
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards in Russia and judgments of Russian courts and arbitral awards abroad;
- Managing the proceedings in foreign state courts in cooperation with the leading foreign law firms.
Investigations and asset tracing:
- Complex “know your client” checks;
- Legal intelligence, including extensive research of the business structure and connections, beneficiaries, affiliations, media, social networks, business interests etc.;
- Asset tracing in Russia and foreign jurisdictions;
- Internal investigations
Dispute Resolution Practice in rankings:
- Leading domestic firm for Dispute Resolution by Chambers Global, 2018.
- Leading firm for Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End by Chambers Europe, 2018.
- Leading firm for Restructuring and Insolvency: Litigation by Chambers Europe, 2018.
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution: Litigation by The Legal 500, 2018.
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation by The Legal 500, 2018.
- TOP 100 leading law firms for international investigations by Global Investigation Review 2018 (GIR 2018).
“The team is very professional and responsive, and its advice is always practical [in the domestic area]. We consider ALRUD as our long-standing business partner.” (Chambers Europe)
“The advice was very precise and delivered in an effective way; there was no waste of time and money. This is what I want from lawyers.” (Chambers Europe)
"The team is very responsive and its advice is practical." (Chambers Europe)
"I have never seen such effective deal management; it was all done in the quickest possible time." (Chambers Europe)
Our recent projects include:
- Advised and represented interests of the leading worldwide-known vehicle manufacturer in a number of disputes with dealers on recovery of losses amounting over RUB 15 billion caused by termination of dealership agreement.
- Advised and represented the major Russian iron and steel company in the international commercial arbitration under the ICC Rules of Arbitration with regard to a claim against the German metallurgical giant for the amount of EUR 150 mln.
- Represented interests of the largest European railway logistics operator in the complex dispute on restoration of corporate control over its Russian subsidiary company. The opponent was previous director of the subsidiary who falsified corporate documents and attempted to seize most valuable assets of the company.
- Represented interests of the major Russian and international nuclear fuel manufacturer and supplier (TVEL, subsidiary of TVEL) in a defamation dispute due to publication of unreliable information about the quality of its product.
- Advised and represented the group of foreign investors in a dispute against one of the state owned Russian gas companies on review of the judicial acts precluding enforcement in Russia of the LCIA USD 100 million losses recovery award.
- Advised and represented minority shareholder one of the largest Russian coal mining company in the complex corporate multi-jurisdictional dispute against the major shareholder arising from siphoning off of the company’s assets.
- Represented interests of Credit Suisse AG in the litigation related to the claim for payment for shares traded on Russian stock exchange and in counterclaim for damages due to late delivery.
- Represented the Polish manufacturer of turnkey car body welding lines Autorobot-Strefa Sp. z o.o. in the dispute against one of the leading consumer and commercial vehicles producers in Russia on recognition and enforcement of LCIA award. Despite negative court practice, we managed to bring the case up to the Supreme Arbitrazh Court and win it.
- Represented one of the largest foreign logistics companies in a dispute with construction company for unjust enrichment recovery amounting over EUR 12 million.
- For the largest private commercial bank in Eastern Europe elaborated efficient strategy for recovery of significant amount of debt from debtors / guarantors and accomplished asset tracing of the individuals and legal entities in different jurisdictions (Russia, Germany, France, Switzerland, Hungary, Canada, etc.). Advised and assisted on the issues of recognition and enforcement of international arbitral awards in the territory of the Marshall Islands and Cyprus.