Possessing perfect reputation and profound experience in litigation ALRUD is recognized as the leading legal advisor in dispute resolution in Russia and recommended by the reputable international rankings.
Dispute Resolution Practice is one of the largest teams for a full service law firm in the legal market. The lawyers of ALRUD Dispute Resolution practice are the graduates of the top Russian universities. A number of lawyers are advocates (attorneys) and have degrees of the Russian and foreign universities.
The specialists of the practice specialize in complex high profile cases with international element, which require high qualification of the lawyers and good knowledge of foreign languages.
As well as general commercial litigation, the team has substantial experience in insolvency, real estate, antitrust (with a market-leading antitrust team), IP, corporate and defamation litigation. Close cooperation with ALRUD teams of different practices allows to take into account the individual requests of our Clients and their commercial needs and pay attention to all the legally important aspects of specific cases.
Russian state courts:
- Advising on the issues related to representation in Russian courts – choice of applicable law and jurisdiction, elaboration of legal position and case strategy, analysis of the success chances, risks and prospects of the case.
- Advising on pre-trial stage, including preparation of the pre-trial letters and claims, participation in negotiations with the opponents.
- Collection of evidence for the court cases, including the documents from the state authorities, advocate’s requests etc.
- Representing the Clients in the arbitrazh (state commercial court) and general jurisdiction courts throughout Russia, including representation in complex disputes, parallel proceedings.
- Representing the Clients in administrative proceedings,
- Representing the Clients at the stage of enforcement of the judgements of Russian courts, collaboration with the court bailiffs.
International Commercial Arbitration:
- Advising on arbitration-related matters – choice of arbitration forum and applicable law, construction of arbitration clauses in complex multinational transactions.
Advising on the pre-arbitration stage regarding the risks and prospects of arbitration.
Representing interests of the clients in the international arbitration courts including International Commercial Arbitration Court (ICAC) under Chamber of Commerce and industry of the Russian Federation, London Court of the International Arbitration (LCIA), etc.
Managing complex international arbitrations as counsel, work in the multijurisdictional teams
Managing the foreign proceedings and enforcement of the judgements:
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and court judgments in Russia and judgments of Russian courts and arbitral awards abroad.
- Managing the proceedings in the foreign state courts in cooperation with high profile foreign law firms.
- Complex “know your client” checks including current legal status, current court proceedings, enforcement proceedings, bankruptcy cases and other information from the publicly available sources;
- Legal intelligence, including extensive research of the business structure and connections, beneficiaries, affiliations, media, social networks, business interests etc.;
- Successfully performed asset tracing projects involving UK, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Cyprus, BVI, Panama and many other jurisdictions. .
Dispute Resolution Practice in ratings:
“The team is very professional and responsive, and its advice is always practical [in the domestic area]. We consider ALRUD as our long-standing business partner.”
- Leading domestic firm for Dispute Resolution by Chambers Global, 2017.
- Leading firm for Dispute Resolution by Chambers Europe, 2016.
- Leading firm Dispute Resolution by The Legal 500, 2016.
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution by PLC Which Lawyer? 2012.
“The advice was very precise and delivered in an effective way; there was no waste of time and money. This is what I want from lawyers.” (Chambers Europe)
"The team is very responsive and its advice is practical." (Chambers Europe)
"I have never seen such effective deal management; it was all done in the quickest possible time." (Chambers Europe)