For the 13th year Annual “Mergers and Acquisitions in Russia and CIS” Conference will gather from around the globe the world's leading experts in economics and law and they will discuss the latest emerging developments and hot topics in Russian and CIS M&A law.
The event is supported by the IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee, takes place on
25-26 November 2021 and will be online-only conference this year.
As last year, the Co-chairs of the M&A Conference will be Alexander Zharskiy, Partner ALRUD; Officer, IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee and Vice Chair, IBA Current Legal Developments Subcommittee, and André Dufour , Managing Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais; Co-Chair, IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee.
This year, the agenda covers the most relevant issues in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Trends and developments in M&A.
- M&A Hot Topics For Fast-Growth Companies: Reforms needed to keep Russian law competitive.
- Disputes in M&A deals – helicopter view.
- Private Equity and VC: current trends and specifics in CIS.
Already, companies and top lawyers, including the following, have confirmed their participation:
- Alexey Milevsky, Investment Director, Head of M&A, Mail.ru Group.
- Artem Afanasiev, Vice President, Legal Affairs and GR, OZON.
- Fedor Smyk, Head of Corporate Development & M&A, OZON.
- Dmitry Donov, General Counsel, NLMK Group.
- Varvara Kolesnikova, Head of International Legal and Corporate Matters, VkusVill.
- Pavel Vlasov, Vice President for Corporate Development, Yandex.
- Maxim Uryash, Executive Director, Advance Capital.
- Mikhail Bekker, Director, Elbrus Capital Funds.
- Dmitri Sedov, Co-Head of Goldman Sachs Russia and CIS.
- Mikhail Kireev, Senior Vice President, Russian Direct Investment Fund.
- Anton Dzhuplin, Partner, ALRUD Law Firm.
- Alan Kartashkin, Managing Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP.
- Andrei Dontsov, Partner, White & Case.
- Evgeny Raschevsky, Partner, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners.
- Konstantin Kroll, Partner, Dentons.
- Alexander Demuth, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal Holdings.
A detailed program can be found here.
Participation at the event is free of charge. To attend, please register for the event on
25 November: here and for 26 November: here. Join us!